Sunday

What's in a Name?

You know, when you start planning a family one of the most exciting parts is discussing baby names!  I told Jared the rules were simple,  I get to choose and he has veto power. Fortunately we both agreed on Vale Ethan.  For us deciding on a name was the easiest part, trying to convince others we were serious wasn't so easy.  People often asked where we got the name.  Sometimes I'm tempted to lie and say, "Oh, it's a family name" or "well, we met in Vail, Colorado" even though neither one of us has ever been there.  The real story is not so exciting.  In high school I knew someone named Vale.  That's it.  End of story.  I liked the name for it's uniqueness and simplicity.  In doing a little research on the word 'Vale' I learned that it also means a long, narrow, winding depression of land within a mountain range typically formed by a river.  There are a lot of these kinds of Vales in England and other parts of Europe.  Some of them are well known for their breathtaking beauty.  I'm not sure why but lately I've been thinking a lot about his name.  I'm happy to report that I still love it and think that it fits him PERFECTLY and isn't that what it's all about?