Thursday

Our {Anticlimactic} Halloween!

I have all these ideas of what holidays should be like. I found the PERFECT costume, a monkey just like Curious George. I planned our whole day with Halloween festivities. We were going to have so much fun! I started by taking him to my old office. That was great. He was happy and cute for everyone! Then I took him to Jared's office and he had a great time being spoiled with candy, cake and attention. All went well until someone tripped over and knocked him down. He wasn't hurt but his little ego took a big bruising. He really never recovered and turned into a little stinker so we left. When we got home I laid him down for a nap...almost 2 hours later he was still in his crib crying. No nap, great! Jared got home later than expected so the baked spaghetti and garlic bread spent a little to long in the oven. Oh well. After we quickly ate our festive Halloween dinner I was off to find a few supplies I needed for a card exchange this morning leaving Jared to both hand out candy AND take Vale trick or treating. Bad Mom. Stores were closed so I came home to find Jared holding the door open with one foot, passing out candy AND keeping a tired and cranky Vale in the house with his other foot. Vale wanted nothing to do with his costume so Jared wasn't able to take him trick or treating. Sorry hon! We decided to put Vale to bed but the door bell kept ringing. About 7:15 we finally got Vale to sleep, turned out our light and called it good. I'm sure we looked like the neighborhood grumps with our light out so early. Oh well. There's always next year! I hope everyone had a much better Halloween!!
(the picture above was actually taken this morning. I needed at least one of him in his costume and it was NOT going to happen yesterday!)