
Today I didn't do a good job of "living in the present" (New Years res. #2654b) Vale and I shared THE BEST cucumber at lunch today! It was fresh, crisp and juicy! That got me thinking about gardening and then it was all over. I started day dreaming about what I wanted to garden this summer and where I would plant what. I wondered if it would be worth it to grow my own starters from seeds or just buy them at the nursery. Should I try organic gardening or would that involve a home compost? Then maybe not. This year I want to can tomatos because we always have too many to eat them all and I would love to have some in the winter for soups. Do I dare ask my neighbor if I could use her HUGE garden that gets a lot of sun and plant everything and in trade, she could help herself to whatever she wanted. Hmmmmm....so much to think about!
The summer I was pregnant with Vale, Jared and I grew what we called our salsa garden because we grew everything we needed to make a great salsa (minus the lime) and my personal favorite, Pico de gallo. I can hardly wait!!!