
Because I'm older, Jared loves to tease me about all the things I remember that he only knows about from high school history class. For example, I remember when Jimmy Carter lost re-election and the whole Iran hostage crisis. I can't tell you how many times I'll talk about something and ask him, 'Do you remember that?' and he'll say, "Les, I was only 4." Well, I was surfing the web last night and saw something that I could not believe. Tomorrow is the 19th anniversary of the "world series quake" in San Francisco. Ouch! 19 years?! I remember it like it was yesterday. Growing up in the Bay Area it wasn't unusual to have earthquakes. Although they were frequent they were always very unsettling because from the moment I would hear the windows start to rattle, my heart would stop and I'd wonder if it was going to be "The Big One". It's crazy when you realize that your life, experiences and memories are HISTORY!!!