Friday

Welcome to Mommy Guilt?!

Having a new baby in the house has been an adjustment for everyone but no one more than Vale. I can tell it's been pretty hard on him. Last Saturday night was a long and hard night. Noah woke up more than usual so when Jared got out of bed Sunday morning I asked him to take both boys so I could sleep a little longer.  A few hours later Jared and Vale woke me up by bringing me a ham omelette & orange juice on our special 'breakfast in bed' tray typically used for special occasions (i.e. Mothers/Fathers Day, birthdays, etc.) It was such a nice surprise!  Well, later that night just before bedtime I caught Vale pulling the breakfast tray out of the closet. Feeling a little tired and frustrated I told him to put it back.  He began saying something and I cut him off telling him it's not a toy and he needed to put it back! Still he didn't listen. Just as I was about to get angry with him, he looked at me with the saddest face and giant tears while continuing to unfold the tray said, "I will have the special tray and I will be special" You could have put a dagger through my heart and it wouldn't have hurt as much as this did.  As I helped him carry it to the couch (where he has already made a "bed") I told him that he was VERY special.  As I walked into the kitchen to find a snack for him to eat on the 'special' tray he said, "I am special 'cuz Heavenwy Father sent me to you, huh Mom?"