Because I don't have a single original idea of my own I depend on my friends and family who seem to always have great ideas to make holidays fun for kids. This one has been around but I first heard about it from my sister Sarah who seriously should win 'Fun Mother of the Year' every year! She is a little OOC (out of control) with every holiday but her kids LOVE it!
We started off last night reading this book about a leprechaun who runs through the house being mischievous...

Natasha Wing writes these book for every holiday and they are all SO CLEVER! (again thanks, Sarah!)
After reading it we tucked Vale into bed and told him that if he hears anything during the night, it's probably the leprechaun and if he can catch him...he will get the leprechauns pot 'o gold! This morning Vale came into my room and told me, "MOM, the leprechaun made a mess on the stairs!" Then with his hand on his hip and a little swagger he opened his other hand and showing me what he found said, "...and he left a gold coin in my room!"
The mess...
"Lucky" for us the leprechaun dropped a lot of gold coins as he ran around making messes!
Mmmmm....
I also colored the water in our toilets green. I must not have put enough coloring in 2 of them because they were blue this morning.
(Yes, I know how to turn blue water green and No, I didn't do it!)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!