Noah and I were still sleeping this morning when I heard Vale whimpering into my room. I told him to come snuggle with me. As he did, he told me he hurt his finger. I asked to see it and expected almost nothing thinking it was just stubbed or pinched. He held up a blood covered hand! WHAT?!?! HOW?! Now I was wide awake! I asked him what happened and he said he 'cut an apple'. He cut the top of his finger including cutting his finger nail completely in half vertically. After he was cleaned up, bandaged, dressed for the day and watching Curious George, I went downstairs to see what happened and this is what I found (scroll down--but warning to the weak, it's not pretty)

It makes my stomach turn over to look at it. We have the 'no knives' talk almost daily but he's 3 and I guess somethings, some kids have to learn the hard way :( I'm just so glad it wasn't any worse although I don't know if I should be worried about the split finger nail...