Tuesday

Birthday!!




We started Vale's big day by opening presents! He received a Little Leap Fridge Alphabet set, Thomas and James trains to go with the Percie train he got for Christmas, more books and some new clothes! Then...the moment Jared and I have been waiting for. We turned his car seat forward facing and went for a drive. It's a whole new world for him as he no longer hates his car seat. We drove out to Alki Beach for fish and chips and then took the long way home. That evening we did the traditional cake. Since I'm off sugar and Jared hates cake I just bought a single piece of cake. Vale started out very wary and didn't want to even touch it. He just kept looking at us, armed with the video and digital cameras as if he didn't know what it was all about. Once he realized I wasn't going to go crazy when he made a mess (as I usually do)...he really got into it, as you can see. By the end, he was ready to call it a day.