Wednesday

Morning walk


Several mornings each week I meet up with some friends and we walk along the Cedar River trail near my house. It's the most breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL place to walk with thick green foliage as it runs along a salmon filled river. I absolutely love this place. I'll never forget the first time Jared and I went biking on the trail not long after we moved here. As we biked along, we came across a large tussle bridge which spanned the river. We were overwhelmed by its beauty and couldn't believe this was where we lived!! It's like something you would see on a postcard or calendar. Although it's beautiful I am always a little nervous when I walk/jog alone. This morning as we were walking and deep into our conversation, another jogger passed us from behind and asked if we saw the bear on the trail just 100 yards back. Somehow we walked right by without noticing him. I imagine he was hiding in the bushes but still...he had to have been pretty close. Part of me was spooked at the thought of how close we came to a wild bear but part of me was so excited at the thought of a real bear. Still, I can't believe this is where we live!!! I love it!