We started off the day at our wards "Thanks A Brunch". We got together for a brunch and made care packages to be shipped to a troops serving in Iraq. It was a great way to spend the holiday. Their was a motorized train for the kids to ride. Vale, our train obsessed little man, couldn't get enough of it. That afternoon we did what I love doing on most holidays....we went shopping to find some good deals!!! Jared was a good man to follow me around and entertain Vale as I browsed my favorite malls and stores. By 7 o'clock Vale was exhausted so we put him down for the night --- we thought. About 8:30 I went for a run and quickly learned that it was not a good night for it. What was I thinking?!!?!? All the noise woke Vale up about 9o'clock so we went over to our friends house to watch their firework show. Here is a picture of Vale sitting on our friend's motorcycle. Sadly, this is the only picture we have of him that day and he looks so tired.

The next morning he kept imitating the fireworks by waving his arms and saying, "pkkkkk".