Tuesday

Does what we watch affect us???

A couple weeks ago Jared borrowed seasons 1-5 of '24' from a friend. Jared and I both like the show-Jared a little more. Between his l-o-n-g hours of work and his classes and homework at night, he was still able to squeeze in all the episodes in the last couple weeks. Well, a few days ago, in the middle of the night I woke up to Vale crying, something he rarely does anymore. As I lay there hoping he would go back to sleep Jared suddenly propped himself up on his elbows, looked at me and whispered with absolute urgency, "DON'T MOVE!" I asked him why and he repeated it, "DON'T MOVE - DON'T! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T MOVE, PLEASE DON'T MOVE!" at which point I began to grow a little anxious and wondered if whatever woke up Vale was what was alarming Jared. Were we in some kind of danger? Again I asked him why and again he instructed me, "JUST DON'T - PLEASE DON'T MOVE!" Then Jared began to ever so carefully and slowly pull his right arm out from under his pillow. Once his hand was visible he looked at it and said, "It's the third trigger!" My heart racing anxiety turned into relief. I could only laugh and say to him, "Jared, you think your Jack Bauer, don't you?!!?" at which point he woke up and was a little embarrassed, to say the least.