I spent quite a bit of time yesterday thinking about the events and aftermath of September 11th. I'm sure most of us did. I know we can all remember exactly where we were when we first heard the news and can spend hours discussing how it has changed us individually and as a nation. Six years later I still can't fully understand the how's or why's of it all. I tend to worry about things more than I should. Over the last 6 years I have felt uneasy and anxious about a lot of things; future terrorist attacks, our unstable economy, the war in Iraq, growing political unrest, etc., etc. I wish I could give my son the world I grew up in but I will never be able to. However, I find peace and joy in a single phrase I have heard President Gordon B. Hinckley say over and over again these last few years, "This is a wonderful time to be alive!" I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm grateful for President Hinckley's reminder that this is in fact a wonderful time to be alive! It helps me to remember all the good and beautiful things happening around us and the blessings we have.
This is it, the greatest season in our lives. These are the days that we will look back on and long for when they are gone ... the perfectly ordinary days.
Wednesday
This is a Wonderful Time to be Alive!
I spent quite a bit of time yesterday thinking about the events and aftermath of September 11th. I'm sure most of us did. I know we can all remember exactly where we were when we first heard the news and can spend hours discussing how it has changed us individually and as a nation. Six years later I still can't fully understand the how's or why's of it all. I tend to worry about things more than I should. Over the last 6 years I have felt uneasy and anxious about a lot of things; future terrorist attacks, our unstable economy, the war in Iraq, growing political unrest, etc., etc. I wish I could give my son the world I grew up in but I will never be able to. However, I find peace and joy in a single phrase I have heard President Gordon B. Hinckley say over and over again these last few years, "This is a wonderful time to be alive!" I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm grateful for President Hinckley's reminder that this is in fact a wonderful time to be alive! It helps me to remember all the good and beautiful things happening around us and the blessings we have.