Wednesday

Dilemma

For the most part I didn't grow up with pets. We had an occasional cat that hung around for a week or so and I remember once having a puppy for a brief period of time. My husband on the other hand always had the "family dog" and has wanted a dog(s) since the day we got married. It's not that I don't adore your dogs (those of you who have them) because I do! It's just that dogs aren't what I'm use to. We've been married for 3.5 years and so far....no dog. Now here's the dilemma. Vale ABSOLUTELY LOVES dogs. He wants to pet every dog we see and has no fear regardless of size, breed or color - he'll go nose to nose with the biggest of them. If Vale knows your dog, you know what I mean. He loves to get down on his hands and knees and look them in the eyes and I swear he even tries to talk to them! What is more natural than a boy and his dog, right? I feel so guilty! I know it's the one thing that would bring him so much happiness - but I just can't bring myself to do it! What's a Mom to do?!?!?

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of Vale with my friends dogs. He kept feeding his Cheerios to them and was giggling so hard as they gobbled them right out of his hands - kind of cute, huh?