This was cool. It's something I've never seen done at ANY pumpkin patch I've ever been to. They built this gigantic pumpkin sling shot thing (Jared tells me it's called a trebuchet). They loaded it up with a HUGE pumpkin. Once it was loaded and they had the attention of all the kids, they gave them a little physics lesson on how it works.
I couldn't resist taking a picture of Jared and Vale watching and waiting for the pumpkin to go airborne. They were both very intrigued by it!



My sister Sarah has a brilliant rule for her kids when they go to the pumpkin patch. They can have ANY pumpkin they want as long as they can carry it to the car themselves. Smart, huh! Once we decided on a pumpkin we put that rule to the test......Vale tried and tried and tried...

But he just couldn't do it so Daddy carried the big pumpkin and we went over to the gourd field and let Vale pick out his own pumpkin there.