Vale proved his boy-hood yet again this week. I was working in the yard and dug up a 5'' worm. I called Vale over and let him take a look at it. He wanted to hold it so I picked it up and gave it to him. He walked all around the yard with it, putting it in his cars, trucks, balls, etc. Instant BFF's! After a while I took pity on it and made Vale put it back in the dirt. Then I found a couple black beatles. Vale picked one up but it got away. He picked up the second one and learning from the first he held on tight, too tight. He killed it. I figured he'd loose interest since it was no longer moving - but no! He has been carrying it around in the back of his car all week. Today he came up to me with it in his hands saying he, "Caught it!!", as if catching a dead bug is hard! I know, it's totally gross and clearly Vale needs more {real} friends and/or more toys. I, on the other hand, need to stock up on Purell!
This is it, the greatest season in our lives. These are the days that we will look back on and long for when they are gone ... the perfectly ordinary days.
Saturday
Bugs & Boys!
Vale proved his boy-hood yet again this week. I was working in the yard and dug up a 5'' worm. I called Vale over and let him take a look at it. He wanted to hold it so I picked it up and gave it to him. He walked all around the yard with it, putting it in his cars, trucks, balls, etc. Instant BFF's! After a while I took pity on it and made Vale put it back in the dirt. Then I found a couple black beatles. Vale picked one up but it got away. He picked up the second one and learning from the first he held on tight, too tight. He killed it. I figured he'd loose interest since it was no longer moving - but no! He has been carrying it around in the back of his car all week. Today he came up to me with it in his hands saying he, "Caught it!!", as if catching a dead bug is hard! I know, it's totally gross and clearly Vale needs more {real} friends and/or more toys. I, on the other hand, need to stock up on Purell!