On Friday we took off and headed to Long Beach, Washington for a quick trip. We love, love, LOVED it. It's a small beach front community with a lot of restaurants, shops and museums. Our first day we hung out and played on the beach, walked around town and went out to eat with some friends. On Saturday we woke up and went for a bike ride from our hotel into town, picked up breakfast at a local bakery and took it out to the beach to eat it. As we rode, it was a moment I wish could have lasted forever. Vale was having the best time, we loved the fresh ocean air, and we just loved hanging out and exploring together. It was sad to leave, but I had to speak in church on Sunday. We will be heading back soon and for a longer stay next time.
Today we met up with some friends for a Memorial Day BBQ at the park. Jared taught Vale to be "Superman" on the toddler swing. I was sure he was going to slip out of the swing head first but he's proved to be a pretty impressive Superman!