Tuesday

RAGNAR!

Team: 15 Kids and Running ... AWAY!

Last weekend Jared and I ran the Ragnar Northwest Passage. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed doing it together with 5 other couples (friends) from Maple Valley. We hope to do it again next year but hopefully in Utah! We'll see ...

Before the race when we all still looked clean, rested and pain free!


Jared at the starting line (8am) He was our first runner.


I had an 8.8 mile "Very Hard" leg in the middle of nowhere. The first 6.5 miles were up what seemed like a never ending hill. It felt like a bad dream. Every time I thought I saw the top, I'd run to it only to see another mile more to go. (10am)



... but it was beautiful!


Yelling to my teammates, "I will NEVER do THIS leg AGAIN!"


Finally ... the finish of my first leg.


Jared ending his 2nd leg and Dani taking off to run her 2nd leg. (8:00pm)


Starting Leg #2. Half the length of my first, much cooler too! (8:30pm)



Running through downtown Burlington.


Jared's last leg started @ 3am.
Jared at about 4:15am. Looking good and running strong.


Ending his 3rd and final leg. His part was finished ... lucky guy!


5:30am and anxiously waiting to start my 3rd (and last) leg.



This leg was around the Whidby Island Naval Base. It was early Saturday morning and very beautiful.

Hey Hottie, which way do I go?


Oh ... THAT way! :)



At the finish line (1pm)



The whole team ... WE DID IT!!!



YES! A 45 minute wait to be seated at the restaurant! FINALLY we get little sleep. :)