This week I decided to put a partially used bag of sand to good use. Wow. Little man #1 played in it for 6 hrs - straight!
Little Man #1 took a funny fall this week. This gash was caused by, believe it or not, an IKEA kid cup. He was brave. Much braver than I was so it was a good thing Dad was home when it happened.
Lately I've been thinking that our Little Man #2 is growing up way to fast. All his baby-ness is gone.
Several of our friends went camping on Friday. Jared had to work late so we weren't able to go. Bummer. When Jared got home {late} Friday night Vale asked him, "Dad, can we camp in the backyard tonight?" A tired Dad who had had a very long week said without missing a beat, "YES!" They are the luckiest little boys to have a Dad like him!
*** A FIRST! A FIRST! ***
I'm a believer that children should eat their fruit and not drink it. Today however Noah drank juice for the first time!!! He didn't seem to care much for it.
It's been so sunny and nice that we had to take the kayaks out. We went to Lake Sammamish. Jared and Vale towed them from the boat launch to where we were having our picnic. I love this pic because it's how Vale spends most of his time on the kayaks ... on his stomach dangling his fingers in the water.
We enjoyed a picnic lunch on the beach...
...then we went to play on the water. Vale had his first paddling lesson. He learned to turn right you have to paddle left and vice versa. As I was teaching him I felt like Doc talking to Lightning McQueen in the movie Cars. To turn right, paddle left! :)
We're starting to make taking pictures here on the sand bar a tradition.